Tuesday, August 20, 2013

august break recap



20: taste
I finally got some groceries today so we don't have to starve between meals anymore.


19: white
You can find these guys in the parking lot at the WEM Target, upstairs. (Also are you as super disappointed in Target as I am? There's not a thing in there that interests me.)


18: looking down
This is on the sidewalk in our subdivision. It kinda struck me as a weird place for this sort of graffiti since that area is pretty new. 

I skipped #17: touch because nothing came up that whole day that I thought would make a good touch picture (also I think 'touch' is kind of a difficult photo prompt to begin with).


16: floral
Paper flowers I spotted in a store.


15: books
We walked through Lethbridge University since Idle Husband wanted to see where I went to school, so this is their library.


14: stillness
We'd just been driving for hours back into Alberta and stopped for lunch. It was nice to be sitting still.


13: home (or home away from home in our case)
Our hotel pool in which we spent a lot of time because it was almost always empty save for 2 or 3 people at a time. When we got to our next hotel, we learned a really good lesson about hotel pools. Always book a hotel WITHOUT a waterslide. Waterslides = a bajillion kids from the time it opens till the time it closes. (Needless to say, we did not do any swimming at the second hotel which seriously bummed us out. We thought it would look a little weird being the only people in the pool without kids or at the very least a baby. We'd look a little molesty or something, right? I'm sure we made the right call. And besides, PEE.)


12: far away
Some B.C. mountains (or maybe we were still in Alberta, who can ever tell?).


11: play
Idle Husband's Greek chess set.

We've just returned from our mini vacation, but I enjoy taking and posting these photos on Instagram and twitter a lot more than uploading them here one at a time. So if you'd like to see the photos as they happen, follow me on twitter or instagram. Otherwise, I think I'll just post recaps once or twice a week.

The August Break 2013

No comments: