Thursday, August 19, 2010

sweet and sour chicken with cucumbers


As promised, I made sweet and sour chicken with cucumbers last night, and I even remembered to sprinkle on some blackened sesame seeds. I was pretty happy I didn't throw those out. They were one of the "spices" that came with my spice rack, and I took them out of the jar because I never used them. Ever.

The result? This was just as delicious as OPM's, and maybe slightly better for us because I didn't bread the chicken pieces.


The only thing I'd do differently is put the cucumbers in a little later. I didn't want to cook them completely, so I put them in for the last 10 minutes of baking time, but I think 5 minutes would have been better. I also couldn't figure out what to have for crunch so I paired it with white rice instead. It definitely needed a salty crunch factor, but I still can't think of what I could make at home for that. Maybe some homemade crackers? I don't know, but it was lacking just slightly because of that.

I also found the cutest basket at Value Village yesterday!


Check it out!

No comments: