4. Work in a florist shop for at least a month.
- homemade donuts (or
anything friedreally, cuz frying freaks me out) macaronsNOT macaroons (I'm so snobby about these already, it drives me absolutely wild when I see it spelled incorrectly. Just imagine how hoity-toity I'll be if I can bake the damn things correctly. I've done a lot of research, though, and I'm determined to win at this no matter the cost to my mental health. Why? Who the hell knows. But I do have grand visions of them becoming my signature cookie and everyone just dying to have them for Christmas and their birthdays. It's a vanity thing, clearly.)(At any rate, I already have a fall back plan. Signature cookie B is totally gonna be whoopie pies. We don't have them here and I've made them already and they were bloody fantastic.) (see attempt 1, attempt 2, attempt 3; attempt 4 I'm not blogging about. Same problem as #2 + oven temperature) rolled-out cookies(sugar cookies? whatever you call them. I'm inept at rolling and using cookie cutters) (see attempt 1) wontons(surprisingly easy, just time consuming!) cinnamon buns(I excell at making bread, but these always turn into tasteless, little stones for me. Go figure) (see sticky lemon rolls -- which aren't actually cinnamon buns, but they're exactly the same thing and the recipe could be modified to cinnamon. In fact, I plan to do that the next time I make them)
- truffles (I've had a chocolate chip cookie dough truffle recipe bookmarked for ages. Mostly I think I just want to attempt tempering chocolate)
- pâte à choux -- cream puffs! I saw it on tv and it didn't look as difficult as it seems.
- The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood
13. Get over my fear of plumbing and
15. Buy more flowers in the winter.
18. Take a trip across Canada (aka seeing more than B.C. and Saskatchewan)
22. Learn how to express my opinion better. Instead of saying, I guess I like it or Ok if you want to, I should say YES! I love it! I want to!
24. Learn how to drive stick or, alternatively, learn how to use ETS (Edmonton's public transit).
25. Buy things online (this seriously freaks me out). Does paying bills count?
28. I can, not I can't.